Saturday, April 14, 2018

Spring 2018 Update


I haven’t written in awhile. I’ve been fairly ill. I have not had a good winter. I am suffering from (amongst other things) Chronic Heart Failure. I had several episodes over the winter where I needed seen by a doctor. I took one ambulance ride in January and spent four days in the hospital in February.

I’m not fully out of the woods yet, but God-willing, I’m turning the corner. My second-oldest daughter will be graduating high school soon and hopefully heading off to Mt. Mercy for nursing school. KinDee’s second oldest child is now in San Diego at Marine Corps boot camp. KinDee became a grandmother in January. Now it’s April and winter just won’t let go.

I have a lot of garden plants sitting in the house under lights that need to start spending time outdoors. I want to plant another peach tree this year. I’m dreaming of garden produce coming out of the garden and onto my plate and into my pantry. I am dreaming of spending time outdoors. I am looking forward to firing off bottle-rockets with the kids again.

KinDee got her fishing license and Jenna will turn 16 this July and will need one herself. I see the two of them running off to drown a worm on a regular basis. I don’t fish anymore, but if my health were to improve, I would enjoy drowning a worm myself.

On days that are too hot, or stormy, I hope to find the time to sit down, put on some relaxing music, and just type away. I also need to catch up on genealogy work that has been sitting here since 2012. We also have other projects that have been stewing away for years, including making new curtains.

I know I keep saying it, but I’ll try to write more. Think Spring!

No comments: